Tuesday, January 16, 2007

More for the scrapbook

Today I had another visit with the perinatologist. The short story is that the baby is fine, but I have to start up the diet again. I'm OK with that. It's only for another 2 months (ask me again in a few weeks how I feel about it) and I admit that I do feel better when I follow it. The past week was not a good one and I could tell that the diabetes was back.

The baby is about 4 1/2 pounds now, apparently has a large bladder (?), and is still VERY active (which scares me just a little). I also made them double-check to make sure it was a girl - it is.

I have some great new pictures. She's somewhat of a show off for the camera. And kind of cute, in a weird medical way.

I like this one because I think she is sucking her thumb or knuckle.
thumbsucker

I may have another baby with a strong sucking reflex because in this one she's sucking on her lower lip. It's a little hard to see if you don't know what to look for, but I have a progression of 3 pictures and you can see the lip going in. I think I'll stock up on the pacifiers already.
lipsucker

I saved the best for last. I got to have a 3D sonogram today - never had that before. It's the same machine, just a different little paddle-thingy they use. They highlight the part that they want to see in 3D and then it is changed with computer imaging so it looks like you can see shadows and contours on the face. It was pretty cool. Here's the best picture I got:
3D

Neat, huh?

9 comments:

MLE said...

That is amazing! I can't believe how cute she looks already. And, if I may be so bold, I think her mouth looks a bit like Luke's! I can't wait to see her in person!

Anonymous said...

I agree. The resemblance to Luke is very evident. It is so amazing to see these pictures before birth. It confirms in my mind that a baby is a baby from the first moment. Thankfully, we have Ps. 139 to hear God speak about us as special. We hope you feel better soon.

Kim Tracy Prince said...

Wow! That last picture is so neat. i have my 3D coming up on 2/22, I can't wait.

bob said...

you know, Mom's gonna start crying again when she sees that... :)
Very Cool!

Lisa said...

WOW! I didn't read enough of your blog to discover that you were pregnant! CONGRATULATIONS!!! That 3D shot is VERY neat! Now I can't wait for pictures of her birthday! :)

Gayle and Rob said...

Yes, Mom did cry. Miss Vowel is beautiful! I'm in awe of the tehcnology and even more in awe of the Creator.

B said...

Why Miss Vowel? Did I miss something? And yes, that is the coolest thing. You can almost imagine her smiling and with her eyes open...Soon...very soon...!

Katie said...

Miss Vowel, yeah. I opened my big mouth to a friend with an even bigger mouth and told her the baby's name begins with a vowel. She told mom and Bob when they visited at Thanksgiving. So, if you think you know the name, keep it to yourself! Incidentally, that friend dreamed the other night that the baby's name was Iggy - I guess it fits the prerequisite of beginning with a vowel!

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Incredible those 3d sonograms.

Good luck with the diet and glad it is definitly a girl!