Thursday, April 12, 2007

One Month

Erin was one month yesterday so today we went to the doctor. After a ONE AND A HALF HOUR wait, we learned she is 11 pounds 2 ounces and 21.5 inches long. At one month, Luke was 10 lbs 13 oz and he was bigger at birth!

Here are some things I've learned about this new little girl in the past month:

* she doesn't like the swing (but I'll keep trying!)
* she likes the bouncy seat, but only if the vibrating is OFF
* she doesn't like me to talk while she's nursing
* she needs to go to sleep IN HER BED in the evening; no dozing in my arms while we watch TV like Luke used to do
(Anyone starting to see a trend here?)
* she likes to look at ceiling fans or out the windows
* she LOVES to be held
* she likes to sleep on her tummy
* she gets BAD gas when I eat bean soup

And here's something I learned about myself tonight: I LOVE this phase. I LOVE babies. Despite the midnight feedings. I love how she nurses and then falls asleep on my shoulder. I don't like being woken up in the middle of the night, but once I'm awake and in there nursing, it's not so bad. It's quiet and dark, the baby is warm, she makes nice sounds, she smells good. Sometimes I almost hate to put her back down when she's fallen asleep again. I hate how this all goes by so fast. A month has passed already and I feel like I was just in the hospital yesterday. Oooh, I'm going to stop now - I'm making myself cry.

**********
Shameless Brag
I saw my OB yesterday. Clean bill of health except for the nasty UTI, but that'll be gone in a few days. I'm down 20 pounds already and today I wore my pre-pregnancy size 10 jeans (so, of course, I'm eating a big bowl of ice cream now before bed)!

2 comments:

Kim Tracy Prince said...

Oooh, in your PP jeans already? That is one benefit of the month going by right?

And here I sit, moaning and groaning because the Peanut keeps trying to poke his limbs through my abdomen. I guess I shouldn't wish the time away so fast.

MLE said...

Congratulations! Now you can really think about doing some clothes shopping! I'm so glad you're feeling great about everything!