Thursday, March 05, 2015

Snow Day # . . . ?

I honestly don't know. I stopped counting. I do know it's the 3rd one in a week. Last night I made the kids write a list of things they wanted to do today so it didn't end up being a whiny, "I'm bored," sit-in-front-of-the-TV day. This morning before they got up I made a list of things I'd saved on Pinterest for these sorts of days. So far so good.

We made waffles. Two big batches - one regular and one pumpkin. Big batches to keep in the freezer and also use up some mixes that have been in the pantry for too long.

The floor is littered with Lego pieces. I don't care. No one is fighting.

We're listening to the Big Hero 6 soundtrack on Spotify. Current kid favorite. Mom doesn't think it's too bad either. Bonus.

Here is completed snow day project #1, courtesy of Luke:

A Lego candy dispenser!












And here's a little video of how it works:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new look and the new name. I don't remember the last time I posted anything on our blog. FB has sort of taken its place. For what it's worth you will have one regular reader as I like to see pictures of the kids, hear about what you're doing and also know what to pray for. Today I'll pray that the dryer problem finds a solution. When all four of you were home it seemed the dryer was humming everyday - especially those years on the farm. I don't remember my blog account password so I hope it will let me publish this.

Anonymous said...

Okay - so it posted, but you don't know who commented - it was me, your mom!