Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Chop chop

Last night I gave Luke a haircut. I know, he's only 8 months old and already had 3 - some might think I'm vain. But Sunday at our church picnic a lady asked if I ever cut his hair and pointed out how long it was getting in the front. After that, all I could think about was how long his hair was in the front.

I set him in the "Exersaucer" - very handy! His head was up so I could work all around it, the tray had toys in it to occupy him, and if he turned around to look at me I could just turn him back around. I didn't cut the back yet - it's pretty long now in comparison, but I like how it gets wavy sometimes.

Here he is this morning in his high chair. He hadn't eaten breakfast yet and was not his smiley self.

P9270006

P9270005

P9270007

On a side note, we were eating breakfast at 9:30. Luke has not been having very good sleep patterns lately - getting up for 2 feedings again. This is very frustrating. Plus, he has a cold and I don't think he sleeps very well because his nose is so stuffed up and rattle-y. This morning he got up at 6, but I brought him into bed with us while we tried to wake up. He went back to sleep, as did I, and I woke up when he did - the clock said 9:15! I felt great and I think he needed the rest, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's such a handsome boy! And still cute even when he's not smiling... Nice job on the haircut BTW... I know you do good work from past experience, but I bet its a lot harder with the little guy!

Anonymous said...

Janna had something like what you're describing with your hand but I don't remember what it was...ask her about it.
Jack squeezed a bushel of grapefruit that we picked while in Phoenix and he broke out in hives from the chemicals on the skin.

Anne said...

My doctor suggested more protein during the day and before bed (rather than a snack of cereal). Gabe's been sleeping from 8 p.m. until 4 a.m. for the last week, not necessarily because of this advice, but I have been feeding him more yogurt and bits of cheese. She said the carbs of the cereal before bed don't stick with them, but protein does.

To get Gabriel to eventually skip the 4 a.m. feeding, I'm giving him one ounce less of bottle (or thereabouts) per feeding until there's nothing left. This morning we did only 4 oz. and he didn't seem to mind the difference (usually it's 6-8 oz. at 4 a.m.).

Gayle and Rob said...

Another reason to thank God that you can stay home with Luke. I'm glad you could get some extra hours of sleep as well.