Monday, July 24, 2006

Mama's Little Helper

I've started having Luke "help" by carrying things in from the car. Mostly he just carries his own diaper bag, but he thinks it's big stuff. Today he wanted to help with the groceries, but the lightest bag I had was the bread. I let him try.

P7240005

As you can see, 3 loaves of bread is a pretty big load for an 18-month boy.

P7240006

P7240007

He pooped out on me pretty fast. Later, he did go back and drag the bag over to the stoop. I think the bread is OK.

*************************

On a completely unrelated note, I remembered a funny story my friend told me the other day. Her sister is potty training her little nephew. Her sister tutors kids in her home and her nephew is a very smart little boy. One day her sister was tutoring a little girl in math and Mark wanted to see what they were doing. He asked what that was on the paper and she said it was "divided by." Then he went off to play and she figured that was the end of it. A few days later he said he had to go number 2. When he got off the potty he looked at it (I guess little kids like to see their work) and said, "Mommy, I did divided by!" Sure enough, there was a little poop, a line poop and another little poop - divided by!

7 comments:

Gayle and Rob said...

Loved the "helping" idea. Re your story, the little kid is smart! I don't think I can use that example when I review long division, however...

Gayle and Rob said...

And grandma thinks he just keeps getting cuter and cuter!!

B said...

What a great helper! Can't wait to see him in a couple weeks. Yea!

MLE said...

Can he come help me like that? Wow! He's so excited to help--hope that lasts!

Anonymous said...

you have one seriously cute kiddo.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Look at Luke helping his mama he is turning into such a little boy!

I love the poopy story! What a smart little boy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's great news :) Hope you're feeling well.