Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'm doing a little happy dance

The doctor finally called today (actually returned my inquiry call is more like it - computer problems my foot).

I DON'T HAVE GESTATIONAL DIABETES!!

Hallelujah.

The nurse I spoke with said I had a 75 for the fasting number (which is very good - I used to aim for below 100), I passed the first hour, failed the second by one point, and passed the third hour. You have to fail 2 of the 3 to be considered diabetic.

I'll likely be tested again at 6 or 7 months and I may have it then, but at least I have a few months with no extra doctor visits and no finger pricking 4 times a day. Plus, I'll get to have pie at Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I think I'll stay on a modified diet anyway because it's helped me to keep my weight gain down. I've still only gained 1-2 pounds so far (I'm now 14 weeks) and I think I feel better staying away from junk food (imagine that) even though I miss it.

Oh, yeah, and I'm still so excited about hearing that House of Prince is having baby #2 a month after me! I have friends here expecting at the same time but it's a little different to know someone that isn't so involved with my life here and can be supportive and objective without getting personal (does that make sense? it did in my head).

1 comment:

MLE said...

WoooHooo!