Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Mid-term elections OR THE END

How many of you went to the polls today with a smile on your face, knowing that after tonight you WON'T HAVE TO WATCH THOSE STUPID ADS ON TV ANYMORE!

I went at noon on my way home from CBS. There was no line and I had figured out what I was going to vote for while I ate my oatmeal this morning (all those resolutions are hard to figure out while you're looking at the ballot). I gave Luke the little calendar booklet from my purse to look at while I pushed all the buttons. He did really well and I'm glad I had prepared - I was in and out long before everyone else that was already there.

When we got back to the car, he wanted to hang on to the little book. As I was shifting into reverse, I glanced him in the mirror opening it up and heard him say, "Let's see." I didn't know that I say that, but I guess I do. He paged through it and when he closed it said, "Eeeeee end!"

Funny kid.

3 comments:

Gayle and Rob said...

What a clever child!!! Must be in the genes - he's probably heard you say "The End" as you closed numerous books - not that he knows what it means yet, but he's showing excellent signs of language acquisition.!!

Tink said...

Thanks for my daily "awwww" moment. Now, let's see... :D

Katie said...

Mom - I think he does know what it means. When we come to the end of a story, he says it there too, not just when he closes a book.