Friday, February 23, 2007

Not Yet

Today I had my first exam where they check to see if I'm dilated at all. The doctor was surprised that the baby's head was down - it's still so far up she couldn't feel it yet (I can feel it on my legs when I sit!). She said I'm closed up tight and thick.

We talked about inductions a little. She said since I'm on a medication, they don't go past the due date. I guess with diabetes it typically gets worse during the last few weeks and since I'm already taking something for it they don't want to push it. She said if I'm still around at week 39 (I'm 37 now) we will schedule an induction for 2-3 days before my due date.

Baby here in 2 1/2 weeks MAX!

I also got a haircut today. It's amazing how a good haircut will make you feel a lot better about yourself. It doesn't hurt that I also LOST 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks and had a really good nap this afternoon. I'm feeling pretty good right now - good enough to eat a Reese's peanut butter cup!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,

Know just how you feel with a haircut. I get one Monday before we fly out on Tues. Right now it is droppy from rain and length and I feel fat and ugly. Am bouncing on my trampoline and know that it is helping with the blood sugar. I'm not sure that I'm eating any better but I feel better just from a 10 day exercise commitment. God promises us enough for today and I know it's possible to keep going with His provision. Hugs for you all.

Sharon