Friday, May 25, 2007

Don't be afraid to be a ding-a-ling

That's what the back of my bell choir director's T-shirt says.

Yesterday we played for the "Luncheon Club" at church. They used to call it Senior Fellowship but the lady in charge wanted more younger people to come. It's still mostly octegenarians and those quickly approaching - I brought the average age down quite a bit, not to mention what Luke & Erin did for it! They meet once a month and have some little entertainment followed by lunch and a speaker. They also have a white elephant gift exchange quite frequently, which was funny to watch. I could picture my grandma doing it and thinking it was pretty fun (it wasn't - it was actually quite lame, although Luke liked the kitty Christmas ornament he got).

Here's Luke sitting with Mrs. Brockman, who was there to play bells too.
P5240005
He thought it was pretty fun that he was allowed to draw on the tablecloth.
P5240007

And here's a good picture of Erin in her latest favorite morning nap spot - the Boppy.
P5240008
I don't care too much for nursing with that thing (talk about hot!) but it's pretty indispensible as a pillow and prop for the baby. I have even put it in her crib for nap time. I think she sleeps better on it because she's elevated - helps especially when she's gassy.

Coming up:
Water fun! After nap time today Luke's friends are coming over to play in the pool and sprinkler. I'll hopefully have some good pictures then.

And it looks like I will have a cute one of Erin in a few minutes, too. She's laying on the little mini-gym mat and almost asleep. Who cares about all the toys! Just let me sleep!

1 comment:

Gayle and Rob said...

She's getting so big!!!I can't wait to see you all in just a few weeks. I finished packing my classroom today - now it all has to get moved and unpacked and put away, but at least I'm this far. I'm excited about the change, but it was a little sad today just undoing all the memories. I know I'll be fine once I get going on the third grade stuff. I have three of the TE's home with me to study on the trip.