Friday, February 15, 2008

That lovely barking seal sound

Well, just as I thought at midnight last night when Erin had been up twice already - she has croup. Of course she was much better when we saw the doctor at 10:30 this morning, but he put her on a steroid to help her breathe better. He said it would get worse again at night, but that usually the first night is the worst. It sounded terrible, but I checked it out on WebMD before I went to bed and that made me feel a little better. She wasn't blue or gray, just sounded really bad.

So now the humidifier is running full blast again and she's sleeping soundly. Maybe I can get 40 winks now, too.

2 comments:

MLE said...

Poor girl. I hope that despite all the other wonderful qualities that we seem to share, she doesn't get her Aunt Emily's weak lungs and breathing problems. I don't think I've ever had croup, but I can sure relate to the hacking and the breathing at night thing. My humidifier's running on high as well.

Gayle and Rob said...

Poor baby - poor parents who are trying to get a good night's sleep! Our prayers are with you all. Mom