Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 2: Flubber, doctor, and water

Today we began the day with cinnamon rolls for breakfast and a new batch of Flubber to play with. Our first batch of Flubber actually lasted over a year, despite the "lasts about 2-4 weeks" given with the instructions. After about a year the water started to separate out so we threw it away - I think we got our money's worth out of that batch!


The new batch is blue. I had a few more pictures but my phone unfortunately went into "restore to factory condition" mode when I tried to update (probably operator error, but I can't figure out what I did wrong) and I lost some.


In the afternoon Luke & Erin had their annual check-ups. Luke is 58 lbs, Erin is 50 lbs. Can't remember their heights, but Erin will probably end up taller than Luke some day. Luke had a shot, Erin didn't and fortunately did not gloat about that fact. They both need blood work and are not so thrilled about the prospect.

After the doctor, we met some friends at the Rollingcrest Splash Park, a county pool with indoor slides and fountains. A little cold but super fun and cheap. No pictures since I like my phone and want to keep it. Caroline was a bit apprehensive at first - it was loud from the fountains and she was cold - but she soon started exploring and had some fun, though she didn't really like the slides because of the big splash at the end. I'm sure she'll love it next year.

No comments: