Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Break 2013 Day 1

I thought it would be easier to post all the pictures I've taken from Spring Break in the blog, except that it's been so long since I've blogged that Blogger has changed and I'm having to re-learn how to use it! Oh, well, I'll try.

Last Saturday we made a calendar page of all the days they would be home from school and wrote down things we would like to do, projects to try, new parks to visit, meals to make, etc. I figured if we overplanned at least I wouldn't be hearing "I'm bored" every day. Then we went to Michael's for a few supplies, including latch hook kits.

Luke, very intent on his tye-die swirl
Erin, not so intense - small motor coordination isn't as refined yet

The biggest surprise was waking up on Monday morning to SNOW! What a great way to begin the vacation, especially since there hasn't been enough snow to play in all year. It was very heavy and wet, which was just great for making snowmen and "whoppers," what Luke calls the giant snowballs he likes to roll up.

Luke got right to work
Erin mostly just wandered around


Finished product, including onion grass hair
The "Whopper" - got kind of square since it grew faster than Luke could shape it

We finally celebrated Erin's birthday that evening. She picked shrimp and pasta for supper and I made a lemon sunflower birthday cake while they played outside. Her birthday was really 2 weeks ago, but we've had varying degrees of stomach sickness since then and it was the first time everyone felt well enough for cake. Why waste it, right?





No comments: