Monday, March 06, 2006

So far, so good

Well, the "crying it out" hasn't been all that bad. Friday night Luke didn't wake up AT ALL - not a peep! Saturday he did the whining thing again at 4 am for about 45 minutes - again Alec didn't hear it. And last night he slept all the way through a second time.

Now it's time for me to start working on my own sleep. After a year of waking 2-6 times a night I'm not used to a full night, either. I keep waking up to look at the clock and I'm learning not to worry if he's OK. Sometimes it's hard not to just go in and check on him, but I know that would wake him up at this point. Once he learns to sleep a little deeper it probably won't be a problem.

Hopefully, that one night of crying was all we needed! Hooray!

2 comments:

Gayle and Rob said...

Yeah - glad the plan is working - at least for the moment. Learning to sleep normally was a big adjustment for Grandma Bosscher after grandpa died. Thankfully our bodies adapt over time.

Odd Mix said...

I found that if I got a good baby monitor (and it has to be a good one to do this) I could actually hear the baby breathing so I wouldn't wory about her.