Friday, March 14, 2008

Oh, yeah, we just celebrated a birthday!

Things here have been a little crazy lately. Erin has NOT been sleeping well at night and I feel like my days are all discombobulated. I haven't been feeling like blogging lately, but I think some updates are due.

Erin turned one on Tuesday. She opened her presents from Grandma and Grandpa at supper that night.

P3110002
After I took that picture, I said, "I wonder what she'll do?" Alec replied with, "probably eat the paper."

P3110003
How well he knows his daughter!

P3110004
She enjoyed herself immensely!

P3110005
And the new puzzle was a hit.

On Wednesday we had some friends over for supper. We used a gift certificate someone had given us at Christmas to Honey Baked Ham since it was such a busy time of the week. We've been enjoying the leftovers since then!

P3120001
Erin had the same reaction to her first birthday cake that Luke had - tried to touch the flame.

She was pretty tired by the time we got to the cake, which is why she has the pipe (it's been getting used a lot lately outside of the bed, another habit we'll be breaking in the near future). Here's another picture without it:
P3120003
You can see how tired she was.

And here are a few pictures of her first encounter with chocolate cake. Of course she liked it, did you even need to ask?!
P3120004

P3120005

The friends who came over are expecting their first grandchild any day and it was fun to talk to them about what the next year holds. Erin is very interested in walking while holding onto someone's hands lately. My friend had fun "walking" around the living with Erin.
P3110001

And the last little tidbit for the night - here's my ballet slipper hair clip on Erin. I think it's pretty cute - hope others will think so, too.
P3060007

3 comments:

Gayle and Rob said...

She is just too cute! I love the one on Alec's lap and the close-up with the barrette. Two weeks!!

Anonymous said...

"aunt cindy" says...is there some way I can subscribe to your blog?
check out our new blog: hopeinhungary.blogspot.com

Annie said...

Katie,
I don't have your email. My stroller is a Phil & Ted's e3
European, I believe. It is AWESOME! Costs an arm and a let, but it is versatile, maneuvarable, fits easily in small cars and has real tires! It's not for hard core joggers, but for everything else, it ROCKS!!!
~annie